Thursday, December 22, 2011

Creamy Fettuccine with Chicken and Spinach Casserole



Nothing beats a good casserole!
They are great if you are cooking for a crowd.
They are great if you want leftovers.
They are perfect for one dish meals.
Oh, and I mustn't forget the church pot luck dinner!

My only problem with the Casserole is that I don't have enough good recipes to pick from.
If you have a good one...I would be OHHHH so grateful if you would share it.

This is my favorite Casserole Recipe.
Even though I am a household of two...
I make a big batch.
Its perfect right out of the oven, but its even better the next day!

To my hubby,  Its a plate licker.

Its called, Creamy Fettuccine with Chicken and Spinach.

you will need...

1 lb. Boneless Chicken Breast
1 stick of Butter
20 oz of Spinach, chopped
1 lb. can of Peeled Tomato's, chopped
1 16 oz. container of Heavy Cream
1/2 tsp. of Nutmeg
Salt and Pepper

1 lb Fettuccine, al dente

1 Cup Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 350.

Cut chicken into bite size chunks.

Somewhere along the line, I learned that it is much easier to cut chicken (and other meats, especially when I need to cut them very thin) when it is still mostly frozen.

If you are using fresh spinach, wash it well and coarsely chop it.
I have always used fresh spinach.  Recently I tried frozen because it is so much cheaper and found that in this recipe, I can not tell the difference.

I do not skimp on the tomato's though.
Don't drain the tomato's.
Any peeled tomato will work fine.
These ones are saucy and that just enhances the casserole sauce.
If your tomato's have basil leaves, remove them.
Chop and squish up the tomato's.

Start a large pot of salted water for the Fettuccine (or pasta of your choice).

In a large frying pan melt the butter.

Add the chicken and saute until cooked through. 
When Chicken is cooked through, remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.

Add Spinach, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Cook until wilted and warmed through.

Add Tomato's and cream.
bring to a boil.
Cook for one minute, stirring.
Remove from heat.

Cook and drain pasta.

Add pasta to Spinach Mixture with Chicken and Parmesan Cheese.

Mix thoroughly and evenly.  Add to casserole dish.
Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
Remove cover and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbling all through.
Remove from oven and allow to sit for ten minutes or so.


Serve.

I have been making this casserole for years and years.


I have never had an unhappy customer!

ENJOY!

Like I said before... Feel free to pass your favorite casserole my way.

Oh, I would love it so!

PEACE!





1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious. Would love to have come home from work and had that to welcome me! Tim is a lucky man !!

    ReplyDelete